Reply To: Replacement Brake Shoes

Home Forums Help ! Replacement Brake Shoes Reply To: Replacement Brake Shoes

Author Replies
tallsteve # Posted on June 24, 2017 at 7:56 am

Hi Gordo,

Thanks for you reply and kind offer – I am going to try and source some new replacement ones – firstly they will definately be asbestos free and secondly I can be sure that the aluminium brake shoe will not have been stressed around the pivot pin.  I am probably being over cautious but I figure if I am doing it all then I may as well do it to the best of my ability if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately I do not have the spare side door, my 501 came with a spare engine but no spare body parts – in fact there were alot of body parts missing.

I have had a quick look for you and I have found one here:

http://www.motorrad-schober-shop.de/epages/63151867.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63151867/Products/Cz11

I have had a couple of parts of this guy but for delivery’s outside Germany you have to contact him direct and tell him what you want – you cannot order through the website.  The other thing is that all communication has to be in German (use google translate) and expect a week at a time between emails as I don’t think that he is very computer literate! Good luck!

Steve