New NZETA project in Auckland

Home Forums Help ! New NZETA project in Auckland

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 19, 2014 at 12:00 pm #899

oldmgs

Greetings from Auckland

I have bought the 1960 NZETA that Stephen Gibbons had for sale on this site. Best described as rough but saveable.

To date I have restored a number of Austin 7s, a Damler V8 salon, a 1952 MGTD (current fun 4 wheel fun ride), a Velosolex (I don’t know why either) and a 1949 BSA Bantam (current 2 wheel fun ride). This is my first scooter and saving a bit of Kiwiana just sort of appeals to me. Although I did write off a Vespa and and a Lambretta when I was 16 – luckily I got a car license before I killed myself.

A quick survey shows that at the least I will need a fuel cap, headlight, tail light, kickstart, the front trim and probably gear and brake lever which are pretty rusted. So if any of you have these in the shed please contact me on d.ormrod@xtra.co.nz Thought I was ask before I hit on the parts suppliers.

Also is there a complete original or restored NZETA in the Auckland area I could visit to get an idea of what else is missing and how it should look.

Cheers

Douglas

February 19, 2014 at 12:06 pm #902

Jim
Keymaster

Good work Douglas.

I’m not aware of a restored one in the auckland area however some of the other members may be able to help.

I think I have a fuel cap, brake and gear lever. Not sure about the kick start but will have a hunt around.

Always keen for any photos of your work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.