my nzeta 502 need extra info

Home Forums What model have you got ? my nzeta 502 need extra info

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Jim.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
October 6, 2015 at 10:27 am #1257

Navedevan

hi i have purchase a 502 nzeta has dynastarter. the engine is stamped 502-02-02694 is the second number the model number as i have found no info on a 02 model if its not the model number do these other numbers mean anything?

October 6, 2015 at 11:21 am #1261

Jim
Keymaster

Hello Navedevan,

I’m unsure what you have there until someone contributes some more info on serial numbers. There probably is more info available on Czech websites if you can decipher them.

Good Luck and let us know what you find out.

cheers,

Jim

October 6, 2015 at 5:03 pm #1262

GregP

502 is the model number.

02 is the variant.

i think there was a 00  with 6 volt system and kick start an 02 with 12 volt system and electric start.

October 6, 2015 at 8:40 pm #1263

Navedevan

been doing some translating and found this…

Čezeta 502/00 eventually . was manufactured in three sizes and 01 , 02 and 03. These data are provided on the nameplate at the numbers scooter engine

October 6, 2015 at 11:20 pm #1264

Blair

Hi guys, have a look at this site.

http://www.cezeta.com/eng/services/model_list.html

There may have been variations of the 502 as production progressed creating the 02.  Shout if you find out some of the possible upgrades apart from what is listed in the website above.

In NZ we got the 501/05 and 502/00.

The 502/01 was 6 volt and no starter, I don’t believe we got any here, but who’s to say.  Some Cezetas we shipped over later or individually, but all Nzeta’s were assembled here. Not sure if all 502/00’s were the “Supreme” model, but definitely some were, with the Supreme decal on the sides in front of leg shields.  I have some paperwork on this somewhere, will check one day.

There was a Cezeta 503 prototype, I think they made maybe 2 or 3, pretty cool looking,  and fairly sure an old bloke in Prague has one or knows where it is. His name is Mojmir Sovak, hes the grandaddy of restoring them over there.  Last I heard he’d restored 30-40 odd.

Cheers all.

March 21, 2016 at 11:04 am #1284

Jim
Keymaster

Good stuff Blair.

I think quite a few people are finding there are a lot of  these scooters out there with either additions or optional extras which people have added over the years.

• I saw a supreme badged 501 scooter in Christchurch which I thought was a 502 thing.
  • There’s also a lot of nzetas around that dont have the battery modification (moving from under the seat to in front of where your feet rest just under the fuel tank) that JNZ were reported as doing.
  • Indicator switches – there doesn’t seem to be any particular switch for any model. The 502 I have has a toggle switch for the indicators but not on the handle bars.

Appreciate any info that you guys may have.

April 1, 2016 at 11:20 pm #1315

Blair

Yeah exactly, fairly interchangeable parts, and things like sticking perhaps incorrect badges and stuff on just gave them character.

From what I know, and as always am happy to be corrected, there were no 501 Supreme’s, just the later 502 models had that badge. (501’s ceased to be made on Czech by then, but maybe NZ had old stock or such like) Pretty sure they are model 502/00 L . It’s like that on one rusty as, but original 502 I have.

I thought all NZetas had the battery location mod, to be in front of the legshields. Cezeta’s never had this on any model so that is one definite NZeta mod.  Again we could have had other imports of Cezeta’s or luggage compartments, from Czech with it already like that I guess.

There is a particular indicator switch, have a look at the 1st link, then 2nd link goes over it… not many of these for sale anywhere.   They go up on the right handle bar.  There should be a little hole in the handle bar just in from the throttle, (near to where an outstretched thumb could reach to), the plastic cover over the switch locates in that hole.  Just cant find a decent pic of a switch in action right now.

http://www.motoren.sk/shop/detail/3006/89

http://www.motoren.sk/shop/detail/6595/89

April 3, 2016 at 2:10 pm #1318

Jim
Keymaster

Navedevan,

My 502 has a similar number to yours – 502.02.02005.

Its definitely 12v and electric start only.

The JNZ tag on it has:

Engine no 502.02.02005

Frame number 2059

Year is 1965

While it has the NZETA badge and the J.N.Z plate, it doesn’t have the battery modification that some do with a hole in the tool shelf/seat holder thingy for a battery..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.