NZeta Ignition timing

Home Forums Help ! NZeta Ignition timing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
September 13, 2014 at 2:00 pm #1101

southernscoot

NZeta ignition timing.

The user manuals for both the 501 and 502 show the same settings for setting the points as below and this is available as a PDF download in the members download section:

nzeta timing

nzeta timing 2

Can someone confirm this is correct or has anything to add?

September 13, 2014 at 7:30 pm #1105

nzeta_mike

Thanks Jim,

From the stuff i read the points should be just coming apart when the piston is 3.4mm before tdc. I think i’ll be making a mark on the dynostarter when i’ve got the head off to measure it. What a hassle!

September 15, 2014 at 10:32 am #1106

Jim
Keymaster

Hey Mike,

Yes to be fair its not really clear on that unless you have one of the factory points tools. I guess once you have the mark on the dynostarter then you will be all good. I must have a look at the marks on my one.

Lets know how you get on in case someone else needs the info.

So how do you start your nzetasaur?

With your dynostarter of course…..must be beer oclock…..

September 16, 2014 at 11:51 am #1107

Blair

Yep you guys are right.  Directions as per what Mike said.

I just whip the head off, engine in situ.  Wind her over by hand until you are 3 to 4 mm (without being precise at 3.4mm) before TDC, and move the points plate round to suit the points just starting to open.   (You could use a dial gauge on the piston/engine to get the 3.4mm before TDC precisely of course).

I used an old zig zag roll your own fag paper between the points and moved the points plate til the paper released as the points opened… that helped a bit and got it as accurate as I could.

Then set your points gap at TDC… all done.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.